Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Digital Sketches

Lately I’ve been playing with doing sketches in Photoshop without drawing them out on paper first.  It’s actually a bit freeing for me because I’m not so precious with the drawings as I am when they are on paper.  Yes – I am so cheap that I don’t even like wasting sketchbook paper on bad sketches (hopefully these aren’t that bad though).

I started out doing a few figure drawings of women because, frankly, I’m not very good at drawing women-

Figure skaterCadmium Compagnie 01Crouching Dancer

 

Dancer                  Hand

Then I did a couple of animal sketches – because they are fun-

Lion                Raven

A Rodin sculpture and Dirty Harry (strangely, these seem somewhat related)-

Rodin                         Dirty Harry

(Click on any of the images for larger versions)

No comments:

Post a Comment