Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rooster Cogburn


I can't believe I forgot to upload this before.

This is a digital sketch that I did of Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn in True Grit about a month ago.  

The Coen Brothers are truly geniuses.  I knew that I was going to like True Grit a lot, but I had no idea I would like it as much as I did.  I really think it's one of their best films (definitely my favorite of their non-original stories).

I was surprised how well Matt Damon fit in with the rest of the cast as well.  I thought it was funny that most of their repeat offenders had ridiculous accents in the film.  Matt Damon's stifled voice about half way through the film (don't want to spoil anything) almost seemed like an initiation into the crew.

In the spirit of our old Big Critique web-site, I give True Grit a +9.




No comments:

Post a Comment