Monday, February 10, 2014

I like birds!



For the last couple of years I have been keeping a life list of bird species that I have seen around the world. It currently stands at 250 species from four continents. This has really gotten me into birds, so I have been doing a number of bird cut outs.

It all started with a personal project (above) where I turned the designs into some push pins that I have scattered across my cork board. From the top left corner clockwise, the species are: Chestnut-backed Chickadee (Poecile rufescens), Wood Duck (Aix sponsa), Yellow-rumped Warbler (Dendroica coronata), and Western Tanager (Piranga ludoviciana). Now I am working on some designs for sale in our ChuckleTree store. Currently we have three species available (below), but I plan on adding quite a lot more in the near future.

Chestnut-Backed Chickadee (Poecile rufescens)
Lazuli Bunting (Passerina amoena)
Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum)

No comments:

Post a Comment